Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Progress Report

To be honest, I haven't gotten very far.  My topic was controversial abolitionist literature.  I have refined that down to the American Anti-Society literature and how this organization led the way for Black and White Abolitionists.  I have read the Constitution for the AASS and generally reading about the ideas of the AASS.  Looking at the primary sources, there were differences in the ideas of some of the Abolitionists at the time.  I plan to look at how these differences in ideas led Abolitionists to split off into different groups to fight for different things.

My goals for this week are to:
1. Find secondary sources
2. Narrow down a thesis for the paper
3. Create an outline to organize my thoughts
4. Narrow down the primary sources I intend to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment