Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Progress Report #1 - Emmy Jo

For this progress report, I have found some good information thus far. I found a journal listing every item and the amount of cents that was going to be added for taxes. It was interesting to see what items had more tax on them, and what items had little amounts. Early on in the journals, the people would be so disorganized, and it was then when I had a little epiphany. These politicians that put together this country were just citizens at the time. Just representing a few states. These people only knew what England taught them, so to start a new country must've been tough, especially if they were trying to steer clear of what they knew, which was England. I'm looking forward to reading the Senate's journals! Goals for next week: Have more journals read. Be more specific on what I'm looking for. Start to sift through and pick which articles I want for my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment